Sender:
From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1992 09:16:35 EDT
Union's 1992 recruiting class includes more Western players than
ever before.  Coach Delventhal has announced that nine players -
three defensemen and six forwards - will join the Dutchmen next
season.

Union Hockey 1992 Recruits:

Scott Boyd         D         5-10      170       Calgary, Alberta
Reid Simonton      D         6-1       180       Calgary, Alberta
Shane Holunga      D         5-11      185       Snow Lake, Manitoba
Alex Vallee        RW        6-1       185       Wexford, Ontario
Brad Kukko         C,LW      5-8       175       Thunder Bay, Ont.
Chris Sears        LW        5-10      160       Ottawa
Chris Hancock      RW        5-11      180
Craig Provancal    LW        5-11      185       Tabor Academy
John McDonald      RW        6-3       190       Madison, Wis.

Union will graduate a group of 8 seniors this year who were the
foundation of this year's team.  The Dutchmen went 3-21-1 in their
first season of Division I hockey.  They will be losing forwards
Dalton Menhall, Rick Clifford, Bill Railton, Tim Cregan, Craig
Ferrero, and Rick Burchill, defenseman Scott Whitney, and goalie
Shayne White.  Coach Delventhal believes that this recruiting class
has the potential to replace this group of seniors, which was
possibly Union's best class to come through the program so far.

A few notes on some of the recruits:  Boyd is a former defensive
partner of Union's Dean Goulet, who just completed his freshmen
season.  Boyd had 8 goals and 32 assists in 55 games for the Calgary
Royals Junior A team, but collected 136 penalty minutes.  Simonton
also had 136 penalty minutes for the Calgary Canucks Junior A team,
while scoring 6 goals and 22 points.  Delventhal described Provencal
as "our new Dalton Menhall."  Vallee missed part of last season, but
still scored 20 goals.  Kukko had 21 goals, 28 assists, in 33 games
for the Thunder Bay Junior A team.  Sears had 35 goals, 50 assists,
in 52 games for the Ottawa Senators.
--
| Jim Teresco			Union College                                 |
| [log in to unmask]	Schenectady, NY 12308			      |