Sender:
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:43:09 -0500
From:
Nathan Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Comments:
To: Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Bob Woodward wrote:
"The NHL and NHLPA are acting like idiots so all we
have left is college."

All we have left? All we have left, like leftovers in the refrigerator, or
the last patron at the bar at closing time? No, it is the BEST of the
available hockey games at ANY given time (strike or not).

So maybe college hockey should strike while the iron is hot (pardon the pun)
and market the heck out of the sport during the NHL strike. Increased
exposure will allow the sport to expand. And if it expands, then maybe
places like Spartan Stadium will be necessary to house the NCAA championship
game. But NHL fans will be starved for hockey and though the minor leagues
are available to satisfy that demand, it is college hockey that has the most
to gain. So who is responsible for marketing college hockey so that we can
encourage them to maximize its exposure during this rare opportunity? Oh
really, the NCAA........nevermind.

Eric Hampton