Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:39:09 -0500
7bit
To: John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
From the Grand Forks Herald.....

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/8308613.htm

Parise was a first-round draft pick of the Devils last summer, the 17th
player chosen overall.

He'll sign a three-year contract, which includes this season. A source close
to the Devils said Parise's contract includes a $1 million signing bonus for
this season and two more years at $1 million a season.

"It wasn't all money," Parise said. "It just seemed like the right time to
do it."

If he's assigned to New Jersey's top farm team in the American Hockey
League, his contract would be worth $80,000 a year.

Al