Sender:
From:
Rita-Ann Monde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:26:51 -0500

Well, i just got back from a conference and the hockey-l messages
flooded my inbox. i haven't read through everything, but i did catch
this message this morning and well, can't have those engineers ahead of
the big red :) :)
I attended cornell for grad school, and there developed a fine
appreciation for the fanaticism of college hockey. I had always been a
hockey fan (i started played for 4 yrs as a kid and grew up watching
the New England/Hartford Whalers) and being in ithaca allowed me to
begin playing again (with several different groups, women, co-ed, other
stressed out grad students) and become part of the lynah faithful. I
did my undergrad at Trinity College in Hartford Ct, and although they
usually had a good DIII team, the rink was quite a ways off campus and
no transportation was provided to the games, so it was hard to go and
watch them play.

Let's Go Red

Rita-Ann Monde

Trinity College 1991
Cornell University 2000

> Anyone else missed?
Yeah - Let  me use this opportunity to break the Cornell/RPI tie and say
that I proudly root for the RPI Engineers and the ECAC. I graduated in
1991
and moved back home to the Washington DC area where college hockey
coverage
was, and still is, non-existent. Hockey-L allowed me follow what was
going
on with the sport. It truly changed my life <g>.

Seriously though, I've been a lurker for most of my time on the list
and I
want to thank everyone who posts.

Andy Loggia