Sender:
From:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:19:56 -0500
Here is the link and then the excerpt applying to D I

http://www.ncaa.org/news/2004/20040216/awide/4104n09.html

New Division I ticket process

The Men's Frozen Four also continues to gain popularity. The event has sold out seven times in the last eight years, and that popularity is now trickling down to the regional events. This year's Northeast regional in Manchester, New Hampshire, sold out at the earliest date in the history of the regional events.

This increased exposure, and demand for tickets, has led to the introduction of an online ticket application process beginning with the 2005 event in Columbus, Ohio. The new process will require that all information be submitted electronically and will eliminate the need for paper applications.

Tom Jacobs, NCAA director of championships and staff liaison to the Division I Men's Ice Hockey Committee, said the new process would not affect anyone's place on the priority list, which was implemented after the 2002 championship in St. Paul, Minnesota, as a way of rewarding loyal Men's Frozen Four attendees.

"From the committee's perspective, it's a great way to be able to treat our long-time college hockey devotees," said Ronald Grahame, associate director of athletics at the University of Denver and chair of the Division I Men's Ice Hockey Committee. "The game has really grown in the last five years or so as far as that interest and people wanting to be a part of it, and it's really gratifying to see."

Grahame noted that the demand for tickets has outweighed those available for the last several years, and this new process will help reach as many people as possible.

"I think the benefit to the public is that it's an easier process," Jacobs said. "Folks are so accustomed to doing things online nowadays. It's really going to be a simpler process rather than having to mail something in, wait to get something mailed back to you, whether you got accepted or not accepted."

Those currently on the priority ticket list can expect to receive notification of the changes later this month.

The online ticket application for the 2005 Men's Frozen Four will be available from April 1 through June 1, 2004. Notification will take place in July and refunds for those who did not receive tickets will be processed in August. Priority ticket holders, as well as the general public, may apply for tickets through www.ncaasports.com.