Sender:
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:12:20 -0600
7bit
From:
Carol White <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Larry,

How do YOU know what Welch was recruited for?  And how do you know if he
was a good student or a marginal student?  As a matter of fact Welch is
not stupid, if he was a marginal student, Lucia would not have been
interested in trying to get Welch to succeed!  Some intelligent people
are just lazy or lack the proper motivation to handle everything on
their plate. These people are called underachievers. It doesn't make
them marginal or stupid.

Welch just couldn't or didn't want to get it all together, had more than
a couple of chances to make it right and didn't.  I applaud Lucia for
standing his ground, even though it means the Gophers lose a good hockey
player.

-Carol
GO Gophers!!!