Sender:
From:
Jared Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:10:34 -0800
Tonight's 5-0 loss for the Bears to Cornell signifies a problem Brown Coach Roger Grillo needs to address quickly.  After Friday nights 3-0 loss to Colgate Brown has managed to screw up its stellar start to the season in ECAC play now losing 3 of their last 4 road games to critical teams in the struggle for coveted points in the ECAC standings.  As a Brown fan I again find myself frustrated with a team who just doesn't seem to be able to get the job done when it counts.  I live in Providence and was not able to make the trip up to NY for the games so I was only able to see the detailed box scores online of the two games and I caught tonights game on the radio but coach Grillo needs to realize teams are learning how to play against Danis and they are really focusing on hammering him with shots and playing quite aggressive towards him you would think this would be prevented by the Brown defense but for 3 of the last 4 games the Brown defense was practically not exisitant.  Brown's defense is allowing teams to walk all over Danis and pepper him with shots.  Listening to tonights game on Internet radio was close to a joke as according to the Cornell announcers Danis did not even have a chance on 4 out of  5 of the the goals.  Where the heck was the defense?  Instead of stepping up for these big road games the last two weekends the bears fall and fall hard getting routed at Clarkson, Colgate and Cornell where was the defense????? And then the next question is where is the offense???? you know the scoring we saw in the first 3 home wins and the St. Lawrence game last week.  I do not know when the last time Brown was shutout back to back but its nothing to be proud of.  Coach Grillo and his staff need to do some major refocusing of the team before next weekends games.  It also appears from listening to tonight's game and looking at the box scores that Brown was not a very disciplined team.  Why does Brown play poorly when other teams play a more physical type of hockey those who watch Brown games see this nearly every year, Brown has trouble against the same teams, the ones who tend to play more physical.  This weekend was a major disappointment for fans for Brown hockey.

Regards,

Jared