Sender:
From:
"Benjamin J. Flickinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:43:40 EST
Congrats to Brown for beating Dartmouth. But I hardly think that's reason to celebrate, at least thus far.

Dartmouth has given up 4 goals a game thus far. The only team we've beaten is Wayne freakin State. We have more holes in net than a sieve. Boucher has a save percentage well under .900 - and Gastrock wasn't that much better tonight. Defense was supposed to be our strong point with all of our d-men returning as well as a plethora of experienced netminders. They were supposed to carry the team until the freshman crop gained experience and started to replenish our forward lines.

Boucher has been out of it for about a year and a half now. Gastrock is capable but will never steal a game for the Big Green like Marsters or Danis will. And Yacey gave up 2 goals on 5 shots in last year's playoff game against Colgate before being pulled. Given that Gaudet used to be a netminder, I would hope he can get things straightened out back there, but it's not looking good thus far.

Though with Cornell coming up next weekend, Boucher should be good for his one solid outing of the year. The Big Red always bring out his best.