Sender:
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 10:09:02 -0700
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 [log in to unmask] wrote:

>         Since the NHL shuts down for the Olympics, why not have the NCAA shut down for the World Juniors?
>         We could have the NCAA send a team to the World Junior Championship  -- same age limitations and financial reimbursement would apply, of course.
>
>         What would you think of a team roster that goes something like this:
>         Hartigan, Mark Leopold, Jordan DiCasmirro, Nate Haydar, Darren Pohl, John Taffe, Jeff Hemingway, Colin Miller, Ryan Weasler, Dean McCormick, Cam Cullen, Jon Hendricks, Matt Collins, Sean Fahey, Jim Eaves, Ben Underhill, Matt Martin, Paul

Although some coaches moan about it in practice those players that both
the US and Canada want for their teams are permitted to play.  This is a
nonissue for the Junior teams of course.  Just yesterday I saw the Kelowna
Rockets play against the Vancouver Giants without Chuck Kobasew who BC
fans are certainly familiar with.  The Giants were also missing a couple
of players participating in the under 17 tournament in Manitoba.  Hardly a
year goes by when BU doesn't send a couple of players to the tournament.

By the way, Russia edged Canada 5-4 in a very entertaining game to take
the gold medal.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC