Sender:
From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:41:19 -0500
Hi -

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Bill Fenwick wrote:
>> MICHIGAN: 37, less 2 at UAF, 2 in Stampede, 2 at home vs UAF = 31
>
> The Alaska exemption only applies if the game takes place in Alaska.
> There is no regular-season exemption for *hosting* a team from Alaska.

  That's right, but apparently Michigan is NOT exempting their Stampede
games, even 'tho both Providence and UNO *must* do so in order to make
the 34-game limit.  I believe this is part of the "punishment" that the
NCAA exacted on Michigan for their earlier scheduling shenanigans.  A
revised look at the UNO and Michigan schedules reveals:

>>   MICHIGAN: 36, less 2 at UAF = 34 (2 games to give if exempt Stampede)
>>        UNO: 38, less 2 at UAF, less 2 in Maverick Stampede = 34
>> Providence: 36, less 2 in Maverick Stampede = 34

  Cheers - Jim