Sender:
From:
Patrick Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:38:11 -0500
On Thursday, December 6, 2001, Richard Hungerford wrote:

> No - for example Colorado College is D3 in all sports except DI men's ice
> hockey and women's footer (soccer).  And some schools have switched what
> their 1 men's and 1 women's DI sport is.

I seem to remember hearing recently that the NCAA was reevaluating schools
having one (or two) sports out of division and weren't going to allow new
programs to do that. But I can't find anything to back that up. :)

> BTW - where is PWR - there has to be enough data by now!
> I wish www.collegehockeystats.com did PWR.

I think John Whelan's scripts are current: http://www.slack.net/hockey -> A Comparison of College Hockey Ranking Systems.

On the subject of polls, since when has The Sporting News had one? http://www.sportingnews.com/chockey/poll.html It's not radically different than the others, except perhaps a high ranking for Cornell (6th). And they call it the "Power Poll," but it doesn't match PWR or SOS.

Pat Carr