Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:48:25 -0500
I want to begin with an expression of gratitude to all of you who have posted over the years.  As a long standing reader of the HockeyL digest, I very much appreciate the relevant and insightful postings of many years past.  I do wonder why recent postings have not continued the debate of the impact of pep bands on the game - always seemed to be quite lively and relevant.

I have recently become a full fledged hockey L member after many years of participating through the looking glass of the digest.  Seems there is always a cutting edge for the list.  Yes, the world has changed so that it is no longer necessary to go to hockey L for box scores.  Yet, as mentioned there was a time where this was all there was and it was so very beneficial.

Just a thought, but it seems there is still a great deal of what might be called inside information that could be posted at hockey L.  Stuff that is not readily available elsewhere such as injuries, penalties, local scuttlebutt, etc would seem to be an area of comparative advantage for the list.  Having never attended a final four dinner, please accept my apologies if this would diminish that occasion with everything having been said beforehand but it does seem to be a place where local input would be most valuable.

Thanks for a wonderful opportunity and I look forward to what is shaping up as an exciting and very closely matched hockey season.

Bob Hamilton