Sender:
From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:00:57 -0700
Comments:
> From: Patrick Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Questions from this writer:
>
> (1) Can someone who has seen this team play give an opinion as to how
> good they actually are? In other terms, with what teams are they
> comparable? Where would they finish in the ECAC?

I've seen them play Air Force twice.  They matched up reasonably well.

> (2) Their hypothetical first round matchup in the NCAAs would be a team
> like Maine or Colorado College. Does Quinnipiac have any reasonable
> chance of beating one of these teams?

Well, on any given night, anything can happen.  In the long run, I suspect
it would be a mismatch.  I've seen maine and CC this season.

> (3) Any guess as to what the people involved with the selection process
> think?

I keep hoping Jack McDonald, the AD at Quinnipiac, who, incidentally, is a
member of hockey-l and a member of the NCAA hockey committee (that is the
selection committee) will say something.  That is, presuming that he would
not be violating an NCAA confidentiality requirement by addressing this forum
before the selection becomes public.

         charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
(719) 262-3492      (fax) 262-3369          http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~cdash