Sender:
From:
"Richard S. Tuthill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:49:50 -0500
        Regarding the teams shaking hands at the end of the game,  the fact
remains that UConn lined up and was clearly expecting to.   And seven of
the QC players,  some with PT (not just slow getting off the bench) did
shake hands.   So it may or may not have been clear to the participants
what the convention was.

        This QC/UConn weekend is not,  strictly speaking,  a back to back game
series as is done out West.   It is a home and home series in different
buildings on successive nights.   My expectation was that in this situation
they would shake hands after both games.   And I doubt that folks in the
MAAC are going to be easily educated on this point.   Anyway,  why generate
bad feelings among the fans?   I can tell you that there were a lot of
upset people there last night and it gave QC a bad image among a lot of
people.

        Btw,  what does HE do in these home and home situations on the same
weekend?

        -- Dick Tuthill