Sender:
From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 06:00:12 -0500
I think that I will frame the following extract from Ken's Krach
ratings.  :-)

>  40  Clarkson               0  4  0     24      L  8 L  8 L 10 L 10

Yes, I know that ratings (and polls too) have very little meaning at
this time, but it is nice to see the Golden Knights near the bottom
for once.  I certainly don't expect them to stay at number 40.  A
matter-of-fact, I suspect that a week now they will be up about 10
places.  Of course, as an ECAC fan, I really would have liked to see
Clarkson do better as it would have helped all of the teams'
strength-of-schedule.

I also think that Clarkson is doing the correct thing in scheduling
difficult out-of-conference games as it can only help them in the
long run.  It was long before I started following college hockey,
but I wonder if RPI's 1954 NCAA championship was aided by a
three-game series in four days in Colorado, losing 8-3 at Denver,
losing 8-3 also at CC, and then losing 3-2 in a second game at
Denver.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74