Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:55:27 -0500
>        Just got done watching Michigan/UNH on espn2 (4-0 Michigan
>for those who haven't heard).  A few random thoughts:
>
>        -- Did I miss it, or has the Michigan band stopped playing
>"Hail to the Victors" at every stoppage?  I only heard it after goals
>and at the beginning and end of periods.

Thankfully, yes, their playlist expanded dramatically from my last
experience with them at Providence, 1995.  Judging from posts after that
also, this may be a very recent improvement.  Even the band competition was
a shutout, for that matter.

>        -- Geez, I remember watching Marty Turco make spectacular
>saves against Maine in the semifinals three years ago.  Four national
>semifinal appearences, two shutouts.  But he did lose the other two.

When he's hot, he's just amazing.  One save on a two-on-one, he kept
looking behind him, but the puck was in his own catcher.

Honestly, the "hot goalie" comparison for the final game goes clearly to
Turco.  Clemmensen is not quite in his league.

I'm tired and have to work tomorrow, so more comments later about Day 1.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***

 And when will Rutgers become a "real" school and start
            a Div. 1 college hockey program ?