Sender:
From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:07:54 -0500
>>> Kepler <[log in to unmask]> 02/19/98 01:10pm
>>> A realistic scenario still may put 4 ECAC
>>> teams into the NCAA tourny (Yale and the PS
>>> champion with auto-bids, RS #'s 2 and 3 with
>>> PWR seeds), so this stretch drive also has
>>> ramifications throughout the NCAA for the
>>> bubble teams in each conference.  Throw in
>>> RPI's guaranteed placement in Albany no matter
>>> what, and you have the ......

Huh? RPI guaranteed placement in Albany. I didn't
even realize that. If they win the ECAC playoffs
and Clarkson and Colgate survive the bubble (which
will be much tougher to do if a playoff champion
sneaks into the tourney like RPI might) then you
may have your four ECAC tourney teams.

A more realistic possibility is that Yale wins the
ECAC playoffs and gets one of the two BYES at
Albany. Now, that would be interesting and would
bump BU from their familiar position ... unless BU
wins HockeyEast RS and Playoffs ... then UNH would
get really screwed.

In any case, my BIG QUESTION is what happens if
YALE gets the BYE seed and no other ECAC team is
in the top 12 PWR ... does the second ECAC bid
come from PWR ratings or from the ECAC RS
standings???