Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 17:35:01 -0500
To: Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
At 10:59 AM 2/11/97 -0700, Joe LaCour wrote:

>There can be a ton more.  I think it is a fan's perspective that
>make the rivalry.  It was glad to see that the B Line rivalry
>filled up the Fleet Center last night.  May the
>Commonwealth Ave Wars recommence!

Joe is 100 percent right here.. it all has to do with the school.

For instance, Maine views Boston University as their chief rival, but BU
(while enjoying wins over Maine immensely) has Boston College as their #1 rival.

It's also been suggested that UNH thinks of Maine as their top rival, while
it isn't the same from Maine's point down.

Rivalries also come and go with quality of the teams.  Maine and BC used to
have quite a rilvary when both were always battling for the top spots in
Hockey East.

---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])