Sender:
From:
Steve Czuba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 14:21:52 -0500
Does anyone remember if a potential TV contract was at all an issue
with the decision to form Hockey East and split from the ECAC ?

Also, can anyone shed some light out there with regards to attendance
numbers, perhaps over the last 3 years - on the ECAC and HE rinks
and their %capacity filled/sold.

It's always been my not so very scientific observation that regular season
HE crowds seem to smaller than that of the ECAC games I attend. I'd be
very interested to see if HE crowd attendance changes based upon the
termination of the NESN contract. I suspect the effect to be minimal,
but only time will tell.

Steve Czuba
RPI 86
PS I am basing crowd attendance only on BC, Harvard, Providence,Brown
and RPI games that I attend .. Maine and UNH please don't be offended.