Sender:
From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 20:03:00 CST
Comments:
cc: Glen Keeney/Hockey-L poll <[log in to unmask]>
I just heard confirmation of what I've "heard" before.  Jeff Sauer, on his
weekly radio show, stated that the College Hockey Showcase will continue, but
under a little different format:

Starting next year (1997) the games will be played on "on campus" sites,
alternating each year, with Wisconsin and Minnesota going to Michigan next
season, Wisconsin will play Michigan on night at their rink, and Minnesota
would play Michigan State at theirs.  The next night the teams will flip
flop.

The following year, the Michgan schools will come here, and play in Madison
and Minneapolis.  This will probably be a Friday night, Sunday afternoon
setup, due to the travel time between Madison and that other city. :-)

AND, in the years when WI/Minn go to Michigan, there will be a series with
Boston University/Boston College and Wisconsin/Minnesota, using basically the
same format.  (It was not mentioned, but I assume Wisconsin and Minnesota
will travel to Boston in alternating years.)

I am very excited about this.  I do not know why Wisconsin and Minnesota have
to go back to Michigan next year, but I would imagine scheduling conflicts
must have something to with it.

Glen, I may be coming to East Lansing late next fall! I can't wait.

Yours,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?!
[log in to unmask]                           "A great day for hockey!"
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~terryt/ssec.html