Sender:
From:
"MARK F. DALY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:59:43 EST
After reading of yet another loss by the mighty Big Green (albeit to
the powerhouse that is UVM) I find myself wondering: "When will
Dartmouth get a new hockey coach?" Roger Demment has failed to create
even a marginally succesful Division 1 hockey program. He cannot
blame faulty recruiting on his predecessors. He has been in command
of the prgoram for far too long for that excuse to be plausible.  The
most damning evidence for his departure is the dearth of wins
Dartmouth has achieved the last 4 years. I think Jack Parker must be
secure in knowing that it will be *quite* some time before Roger
Demment is rivalling him on the All-time wins list.

I believe that the path to hockey success cannot, at this moment, be
found in Roger Demment. Dartmouth needs to make a clean brake as soon
as possible in order to mitigate whatever damage has been inflicted
on the program.

Mark Daly
Dartmouth '94      Duke Law '98