Sender:
From:
Jeff Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 17:35:21 EST
Through all my years watching the CCHA (since 1973-74), one of the most unique
things I have witnessed was someone scoring a 3-on-5 shorthanded goal.

Bowling Green's Dan Bylsma (currently with the Phoenix Roadrunners)
accomplished this on December 6, 1991, at Western Michigan.

BG was killing a penalty (a double minor to Sean Pronger/now with the Baltimore
Bandits) and after missing a offensive scoring chance, Bowling Green's Jim
Solly (now in the ECHL) was whistled off for holding.  The face-off took place
in the neutral zone, Bylsma won the draw went around a defenseman and scored
past Craig Brown (now in the ECHL) just seven seconds after Solly's penalty.
Bylsma's goal put BG in front 5-0, WMU scored a 5-3 power play goal 1:12 later
to start a four goal run.  BG won 5-4.

Has anyone else scored a 3-on-5 shorthanded goal?

Jeff Weiss, CCHA