Sender:
From:
AVROM LITIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 22:39:57 CDT
> Any HOCKEY-L'ers out there want to brag about their favorite team's
> season-tickets sales?  It seems that many of the East's rinks are smaller
> (2,000 - 4,000)...is that true?  Does any "plain ol' Joe" off the street stand
> a chance at watching a Div. I hockey game by walking up to the ticket window?

The capacity for hockey at UIC is 8,002.  We have only had two sellouts
in the history of the facility so you can allways buy a seat on the
day of the game.  On a good attendance night we will draw ~5000 for
a saturday night game and ~3500 for a friday night game.

We also hold games at seven bridges ice arena when the UIC pavilion
is unavalible.  seven bridges seats 3000 and every game that we have ever
held their has been sold out.  Their will be 4 games their this year.

At this time UIC does not have season tickets available for students
but students have free admision with a student ID. I estimate that
~1000 students attend on an average night.  We curently have ~1000
season ticket holders.  They are also selling this year a package
for all the games that have skating following the games.

Although the pavilion has great sightlines for hockey all the seats
on the lower level between the blue lines are reserved seating.  The
Balcony is also normally closed except when attendace is over ~4000

Avrom Litin                    University of Illinois at Chicago
[log in to unmask]                           Department of Chemistry
[log in to unmask]                                Mail Code 111
[log in to unmask]                            845 W. Taylor St
72567,[log in to unmask]                  Chicago IL 60607-7061
       http://tigger.uic.edu/~alitin/litin-home.html
OS/2 in '92, Warp in '95                      Windows '96 in '98