Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 14:45:27 -0100
At 10:27 AM 7/23/95, Tony Buffa wrote:
>Did Paul play college tennis at all at Maine?

Not that I had heard of, but Mark Cornforth did do the hockey-tennis thing
for four years at Merrimack, captaining both squads this year.  He was
named hockey co-MVP in 1994-95 as one of the better Ds in Hockey East,
missing the team awards dinner for a two-game tryout with Syracuse of the
AHL.  Then he played first singles and first doubles for the tennis team,
which competes in DivII in the Northeast-10, and if I remember correctly,
he was named to the league all-star team.

I had heard of or seen players competing in other sports like golf,
lacrosse, baseball, etc., but before Mark, I had not seen anyone do tennis
too.

BTW, Mark capped his college career by being named a Distinguished Scholar
by HE for having made the Academic Honor Roll each of his four years at
Merrimack, and he also landed a great job with a top accounting firm in
Boston which leaves him with a tough choice between that and hockey.  You
sure can't say he didn't get the most out of *his* college experience.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93
***** Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page under construction at:  *****
***** http://www.tiac.net/users/machnik/MChockey/MChockey.html      *****
** Send comments/suggestions to: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] **