Sender:
From:
Nanette Fladung EXt 6657 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 08:41:40 -0500
Des Moines Buccaneers Win the USHL Jr. A Championship!!!

Buc's won the Clark Cup in a very exciting fifth game with a 5-1 victory over
Omaha!  The victory was especially sweet since Omaha fans had begun celebrating
their victory when Des Moines was behind 2-5 in the third period of game four.
But the Buc's didn't give up and went on to beat Omaha 6-5 by scoring 4 goals
in the final 11 minutes 18 seconds of game four!

In the final game, Des Moines' goals were scored by Reggie Berg (2), Bobby
Davis, Trevor Rosen, and Ken Seregott.  Goaltender Marc Magliarditi had an
exceptional game with 45 shots on goal and 44 saves!  Omaha's only goal was
scored by Kowal.

Play starts again Tuesday in Fraser, Mich. for the Junior A National
Championship and the Gold Cup!  I wish them the best of luck and look forward
to hearing more about these guys next year when they start playing college
hockey!

If anyone wants copies of the newspaper articles let me know.  The Des Moines
Register did an excellent job covering the championship game!

Nan