Sender:
From:
"Jeffrey M. Beyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 23:27:15 EST
--- Mike Greenberg wrote:
OK, the way I see it, if Cornell beats Union, and Brown beats SLU, cornell
will be tied with SLU for total points....

We split the season series with SLU, but we beat them in goal differential
(9-6)  I believe that goals is the second tiebreaker, and if so, does this
mean that we can secure 8th place tomorrow and host a game on tuesday?
--- end of quoted material ---
No, not exactly.
Cornell surpass SLU only in certain cases.  Here's why.  True, if you're tied
in points, you split the season series.
But the next tiebreaker is record vs. Top 4.

Clarkson, Brown and Harvard are IN the top 4.  The fourth team could be RPI,
Colgate or UVM.
If Colgate finishes in the Top 4, SLU takes the tiebreaker.  If UVM is in the
Top 4, Cornell takes the tiebreaker.  If RPI is in the Top 4, it goes to the
next tiebreaker (record vs top 8) and im too lazy to do those calculations too.

In short, hope for an RPI/Colgate tie and a UVM win, and then Cornell will jump
over SLU into 8th