Sender:
From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 19:18:43 -0500

> The Washington Capitals have called up Jim Carey and he will start in
> goal tonight against the New York Islanders.  Carey has been playing for
> teh AHL Portland Pirates and has had a great season, the Capitals hope
> his goaltending will spark them to a win.  Carey played for the
> University of Wisconsin Badgers for 2 years, but left in August before
> his Junior year to sign with the Capitals.  (He's just the latest of
> several good goaltenders the Badgers have sent to professional hockey).
>
> Carol

Carey making it to the big time really makes me appreciate the 1991-92 Catholic
Memorial High School team which was one of many CM teams to be ranked #1 in the
nation.

Some names from that team (the best I've seen) that can now be found around
the div I college hockey world are:

Goalies:
Jim Carey (Wisconsin-Portland(AHL)-Washington(NHL)
Tom Noble (BU)

Forwards:
Mike Sylvia (BU)
Chris O'Sullivan (BU)
Tim Regan (RPI)

Defensemen:
Tiger Holland (UMass)
Jeff Kealty (BU)

There are also a number of other players who looked quite good playing for them
that I am curious about what happened to them.

If anyone knows the hockey where-abouts of the following former CM players, I
would like it if they could mail it to me privately.

I'll post a final listing of what happened to that team when I get all the

Forwards:
Gerry Cahill, Tim Duross, Chris Itri, Tim Leahy, Jeremy Meehan, Brendan Walsh

Defensemen:
Chris Kiley, Bobby Connors

I do know that Leahy and Walsh, after leading CM to another championship, were
deemed by the hockey gods to not be quite the div I level and so (supposedly)
headed off to prep-school and perhaps div II or III.

Thanks
Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre