Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 19:01:27 +0000
Sender:
From:
Jim Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
snip

>the Hobey, again brings up one of my favorite issues: is there a Hobey "jinx".
>
>I'm not going to get into a detailed analysis again, but let's review the
>professional history of some of the latest winners:
>
>Chris Mariucci--didn't make the Islanders and I believe is currently on the
>roster at Denver.
>
>Paul Kariya--highly paid rookie for the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.  Favorite of ESPN
>for features (and deservedly so).  Don't have the currents stats, but he's
>certainly not replicating his collegiate career.
>
>Scott Pellerin--currently laboring for Albany River Rats.  May never make it
>up to the parent NJ Devils.
>
>Dave Emma--same as Scott Pellerin, although he doesn't seem to be in the River
>Rats box score as much as Pellerin.
>
>Robb Stauber--traded to Buffalo when LA Kings gave up on him.
>
>And I can go on and on with guys like the Fuscos, et. al. who have never been
>able to adjust to the pro style of play.

How about Neal Broten, the first Hobey winner.  He's still in the NHL and
has mucho awards for an American born player.

Jim Lawrence                            1986 Ninja 900
[log in to unmask]               1989 Hawk GT
AMA# 645891  DoD# I forget.
"I'm not a nerd, I'm just to busy to be cool right now."