Sender:
From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 17:12:26 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Deron Treadwell
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>Wow, it's amazing how many people actually read things I post here, and pick
>up on the smallest things.  I mentioned Barry Clukey (not Clucky as in the
>duck :-) ) as the greatest player from Maine, not meaning that he was the
>"greatest" but what I wanted to say is that Barry was the best Maine High
>School player.

If that's what you wanted to say, then why didn't you say that?

>The reason I said Clukey was the best high school player was simply because
>he holds the National record for goals in a season with 91.  As Mike pointed
>out, he was untested and not proven, because Walsh didn't give him a
>scholarship right off.

National records in high school are totally meaningless. I admit that I
haven't seen tapes of hockey players from outside of Maine, but Maine
high school hockey is... let's just say it's not that good. I'm not
saying I could be better than most high school goalies in the state (I
can't skate for that matter), but when I see local news footage of some
of the goals scored, I can't believe how bad the goalies look. And where
were the defensemen half the time?
Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney