Sender:
From:
"Arthur C. Mintz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 08:18:06 -0500
>No one ever explicitly made that connection at the time, to my
>recollection.  It makes sense to me, but does not change my long standing
>feeling that Decloe, BU, Abbott, and Crocker, for various reasons were
>all treated unjustly at the time.  My other recollection concerning this
>sordid affair is that Ned Harkness caused the suspension and forfeitures
>by pursuing this issue.  That was what caused me to respond to the Maine
>postings awhile back concerning their recent problems.
>
>Arthur Berman   [log in to unmask]

Partially right. Cornell brought the issue up, because one of their
players, Peter Titanic, was in a similar situation to Decloe and had been
declared ineligible, and Cornell wanted his eligibility restored and was
using Decloe as a precedent. Harkness had nothing to do with it, since by
then he had been with the Detroit Red Wings for two years.

Arthur C. Mintz          [log in to unmask]          (607) 255-1487
Operations Officer (Acting)
Cornell Information Technologies / Information Resources

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey