Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 12:58:16 -0700
On 20 Dec 1994, Alan Harder wrote:

> No, dude, you get real.  I would say "this sux" if he were an American
> playing on the American Junior team, too.  I couldn't care less about
> the National teams.  They are sucking scholarship players away from
> the colleges who are paying their way through school.  Skimming the
> best players from college hockey teams is lame.

I wonder what happened to the concept of student athlete.  Is Jason
Botterill going to Michigan to provide you with entertainment or to get
an education?  I have *never* heard of any Division I coach, or even fan,
reacting in the selfish insular manner you have toward Botterill's
participation in the Juniors, when other players are so selected..  Most
fans with even a hint of knowledge
would realize that even if Michigan suffers temporarily by his absence
placing players on such teams is a valuable recruiting tool.  This,
however, should not be the main reason to be pleased.  Is Botterill just
a piece of meat for you?  Why are you so steamed?

Arthur Berman