Sender:
From:
"Richard C. Crepeau" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 15:23:54 -0500
On Thu, 1 Dec 1994 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> The origins of "put it where Grandma hides the peanut butter" I'm not totally
> sure of.  Ken Landau (who has done Spartan hockey broadcasts first on WJIM
> [1240AM] and now on WVFN [730AM], both in Lansing, has used the phrase ever
> since I started listening to Spartan hockey broadcasts.  I don't think he's
> the originator of the phrase, as I've heard others use it.  It could be an
> interesting question to throw open to the list.
>
> The meaning of course is high up in the net over the goaltender's shoulder,
> on the top shelf where Grandma hides the peanut butter.  I've heard somebody
> one time tried to adapt it to shots that go in low, as saying where Grandma
> hides the potatoes, but it doesn't sound as good.
>
> G. M. Finniss

So let's do it. What is the origin? Any other ideas on meaning of the phrase?
Any other colorful phrases from hockey broadcast or discussion world?

Dick Crepeau
Go Gophers!

"You don't have to be a good sport to be a bad loser."--Morgan Mundane