Sender:
From:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 1994 13:15:46 -0800
From Gazette Telegraph 11/19/94

Four goals in 4:17 propel Tigers
  CC recovers quickly, blasts St. Cloud State

ST. CLOUD, Minn. - Label this one a lights-out comeback.

Colorado College fell behind by a goal early in the thrid period but
recovered with a four-goal flurry and a 5-2 win over St. Cloud State
on Friday night.

Jay McNeill scored twice and had an assist as the fifth-ranked Tigers
improved to 6-1 in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association and 7-2
overall before a crowd of 4,213 at National Hockey Center.

CC his four goals in 4 minutes, 17 seconds during the third period to
drop the Huskies (2-5 and 4-5).

"It certainly was a big turnaround," said CC coach Don Lucia.  "We seemed
to catch fire and when they started to sag, we were quick to take
advantage."

Chad Remackel scored to tie the game at 2 on a long shot that slipped
through the grip of Husky goalie Dave Stone.  One minute later, R.J.
Enga extended his point-scoring streak to nine games by slipping in
a rebound for a 3-2 lead.

McNeill, a junior forward, made a steal in the SCSU zone and scored his
second goal of the game (10th of the season) while CC was short-handed.
Defenseman Kent Fearns, who wasn't expected to play because of a
sprained ankle, finished the rally with an unassisted scoring blast from
behind the blue line.

"There were really two keys to the game," Lucia said.  "Ryan Bach played
really strong in net, and Jay McNeill continues to be strong at both
ends of the ice."

CC is now 6-0 when scoring first.  McNeill gave the Tigers a 1-0 lead,
scoring off a rebound early in the second period.  Little more than
one minute later, St. Cloud's Taj Melson scored after Bach, who finished
with 26 saves, blocked the initial shot from Kelly Rieder.

(end of article)

Karen Heasley
Colorado College '95
[log in to unmask]   *  [log in to unmask]

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
 in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
 - Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes 11/9/94