Sender:
From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 12:03:57 -0400
Apologies for non-hockey content...

Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Juneau's method for gaining his pilot license was, in a
>word, unique.  Utilizing his training in aeronautical engineering, the degree
>for which he earned in only 3 years at RPI, Juneau determined that he possessed
>all the training necessary to learn how to fly.  Juneau simply picked up the
>book for earning a pilot's license, studied it overnight and took the test the
>next day--and passed, of course.  Juneau never took a single flying lesson!

Juneau may have passed the written test this way (wouldn't surprise me in the
slightest), but I guarantee that he had at least 20 hours of dual flight
training and 20 hours of solo flight time before he received his pilot's
certificate.  The FAA does not give out pilot certificates without actual
flight training (would you want to be a passenger in a plane with a pilot
who had only passed a written test?)

Chris (almost a private pilot)