Sender:
From:
Scott Quakkelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 16:58:34 -0400

> Ryan Stone,
> The rest of my reply was cut off.  I think that you saying hockey should
> be played without hitting is absurd.  If there was no hitting, hockey
> would be only for the goal scorers.  There would be no defense, and
> anyone who knew how to skate could play.  Hitting ads excitement to
> the fastest game.  It is also what makes hockey so fun.
> Also, women's hockey should be played with hitting.  I think if women
> had the same opportunity as men, such as hitting all the way up the
> ladder, some of the women could be strong enough and have the talent
> to play in the NHL.  If they received the proper attention from their
> "coaches" and got the right to have an equal chance with no
> discrimination from others, they would be more apt to try harder and
> maybe even make the NHL one day.  You should give credit where credit is
> due.  Especially to your own players.
> Keith Marsh
> "TRAJIK"

agreed.  pond hockey without hitting is fun, but real-time full-contact
hockey is the greatest.  nothing compares to the adrenalin rush of sport,
and hockey is sport at it's best.  plus, i think there's a reason that not
too many people came out to watch us on the pond last year (besides the cold).

scott quakkelaar
michigan, 1993
georgia tech, 1995

Sorry, Keith, about the duplicate reply.