From:
Stan Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:17:47 -0800
>>Did we ever hear back about the infamous Hockey-L dinner/get together?
>As >I recall Stan Willis volunteered to set up a restaurant.  Have I
>missed an >email on this topic?
>>
>>Any info would be appreciated. I emailed him that my wife and I would
>like >to go, but have not heard.
>>
>>Tony Buffa
>>RPI '64
>
>Stan has been in touch with Karen the last couple of days about prices
>charged etc. for last year's dinner.  He noted that he had finalized a
>couple of places so I expect we will hear back from him within a few
>days.
>
>Stan, I hope I didn't step on your toes here.  Good luck.
>
>Greg Ambrose

Hi all..

Thanks for helping out here Greg.

I have narrowed it to 2 places.  The problem I am having is that there is one
(1)
place within walking distance to the Pond that can accomodate us - JT Schmidts.
It is right across the street.  I have a reservation there but they want a $100
fee for using the room and I need to guarantee them a minimum of 60 people or
they will charge me $20 per person, for everyone under 60.  I also need to give
them $200 up front.

The other place, The National Sports Grill, is a bit over a mile away.  There
is no
charge or minimum.  They have a 47 person bus, that runs between the Pond and
the
restaurant but it costs $3 per person.  So either way, there is an add-on cost
for everyone.  I figure, if we are going to get 60plus, use JT Schmidts since
it
is right across the street.

I hope to have a menu of up to 4 choices confirmed today so I can get  prices
out to
everyone.  Karen told me she asked everyone to pre-pay.  I hope that is OK
since
I have to front the $200.

Sorry this is taking so long. I will get this finalized this week.

Thanks everyone and looking to seeing you all.

Stan
Sect 227, row F and wearing the Blake (#4) Bowling Green home jersey or my RPI
jersey
to the Pond.