From:
Matthew Glaccum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Glaccum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1993 20:07:24 -0700
In what was one of the more memorable hockey weekends here in Tucson, the
Arizona IceCats defeated the North Dakota State Bison.

Arizona   Fri 4  Sat 7
NDSU          3      5

According to the Arizona Daily Wildcat, the #7 IceCats are 10-0 and the #1
Bison are 6-3.  It also says that the current rankings were due out that Friday
but had not come out as of Saturday. So the rankings are a week behind...

After drawing 6700+ on Friday, the game on Saturday was 7000+ and sold out,
standing room only. ( For a club team, this is really amazing, at least to me)
I listened to part of Saturday's game on the radio and the announcers talked
about how the IceCat games are the third most attended event in Tucson (behind
Div I Football and Basketball).

Scoring

Friday

Arizona 0 4 0  4
NDSU    0 3 0  3

Saturday

Arizona 3 1 3  7
NDSU    1 2 2  5

Tod Wallace, NDSU 25 saves, 32 shots
Dennis Hands, Arizona 29 saves, 34 shots

Coach Leo Golembiewski quoted as saying, "To do what we've done...North Dakota
does not get swept much. I'm numb." --Daily Wildcat

Next up: the IceDevils of Arizona State come to the Tucson Convention Center

Looking Ahead: #3 Penn State comes to visit in January. (I know Jeremy H is just
dying to be here for that series. ;-)   )

Matt G '92 RPI

Let's Go Red!
Let's Go 'Cats!