From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1993 23:20:49 CST
Dave Parter wrote:
>Freshman goalie Kirk Daubenspeck got his first start for the
>Badgers Saturday night. Coach Sauer had planned on getting him a
>start in November, but the right oppportunity never showed up.
>Kirk will be in goal for the Badger Hockey Showdown, as Jim Carey
>will be playing in an international tournament (not sure what
>team, or what tournament...).
<end quote>

Carey will be playing with the US team in the World Junior tournament.  Also
named to the team were Gophers sophomore forward Andy Brink and sophomore goalie
Jeff Moen.  Doug Woog said (I don't remember where -- one of the papers? on his
radio show?) that he expects Brink will go, but Moen hasn't decided yet whether
he will join the US team or stay with the Gophers.

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!