From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1993 16:38:49 -0500
From: Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
[...]
>The interpretation of Tory's grades was brought to Maine's att-
>ention by Alaska-Fairbanks, which had recruited Tory when he was
>in high school. When Alaska-Fairbanks came across Tory's pass/
>fail marks, it asked the NCAA what the marks would be interpreted
>as. The answer, according to The Maine Campus, was the marks
would be interpreted as D's.

>Northern Michigan, which also recruited Tory, asked the NCAA for
>an interpretation of the pass marks, too. The answer was the same:
>Tory is ineligible.

[...]
>Ploszek says the NCAA has changed the rules in midstream. The
>Maine Campus reports Ploszek contacted the NCAA and the Penticton
>school board for an interpretation of the passes and was told
>they would be interpreted as C's.

Yet another genius move by the NC$$. They tell one thing to two
schools and another thing to Maine. Then, the NC$$ punishes Maine for
having the stupidity to listen to them.

How can Maine possibly be punished by the NC$$ for listening to the
NC$$? It makes no sense, as does most of the stuff regarding the
NC$$. If I were a Maine fan, I'd be incensed. I'm not and I'm still
pretty pissed off.

In football news, Alabama cornerback Antonio Langham was declared
ineligible for the rest of the season for accepting money from
an agent during the summer. It would seem logical, bearing in
mind the Ingraham decision, that Alabama forfeit all of their
games this year in which Langham played (which is all of them).
Knowing the NC$$'s fairness, Alabama will not get penalized, I
predict, for one reason that probably does not need stating:
the NC$$ lets football and basketball do whatever they want but
will punish the most minute violation in any other non-money sport.
Now do you realize why we use the acronym NC$$?