Craig C. Cheslog
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1993 11:49:14 EDT
Brian Morris writes:

> Newsday reports that a Jim Montgomery has signed a contract with the St. Louis
> Blues.  Can anyone at Maine comfirm that this is your favorite senior center?
>                     _

From today's Portland Press Herald, taken from "staff and news reports":

"Jim Montgomery, the all-time leading scorer in University of Maine and
Eastern Ccollege hockey, has signed a free agent contract with the St. Louis
Blues.

Montgomery, a center from Montreal, scored 301 career points on 103 goals and
198 assists.

He capped his career with three goals in 4 minutes, 35 seconds of the third
period of Maine's national title victory against Lake Superior State.

"We have watched Jim Montgomery play for the last four years," said Rod Caron,
vice president and general manager of the Blues. "And we liked what we saw. We
think he has tremendous talent and he makes his wingers better players."

Terms of his contract were not released.

The Blues have the rights to three other Maine forwards: Wayne Conlan, Dave
LaCouture and Patrice Tardif.

<<End quoted material>>

Craig Cheslog
Bowdoin College Sports Information Intern
1993 ECAC EAST MEN'S ICE HOCKEY CHAMPIONS