Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1992 16:09:01 EST
A few mo' notes on the game.

1. ORANGES! In retaliation for Neil Little getting pelted with citrus crop at
Union last January, about 6 RPI students from section 16 or thereabouts threw
roughly 2 dozen oranges at Villa after RPI's 1st goal. One of the first oranges
in the volley hit a beam right over my seat and disintegrated, showering
part of the RPI bench, part of section 33 and me with OJ and O-bits! However,
some were actually on goal, with at least one going in, I believe! SIGN THAT
MAN UP FOR OFFENSE!!!!!!

2. TRIAGE! That's exactly what the Union team needed as at least three of the
players went down for the count. #21, #27, and #28, I believe. #28 had to be
assisted off. As for the other two, I think they just wanted to hobnob with
the cute trainer on the Union bench.

3. FIGHTS! Some fisticuffs late in the third. A few minor bouts, no major
drawn-out brou-ha-has to report. This rink lizard's brawlometer rates the game
an anemic 3 out of 10.

4. BLOWOUT! 9-3 was a good margin but WE WANTED TEN-PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never experienced first-hand a game where the scoring by either team hit
double digits. I have been to about 3 now where RPI scored nine times. After
we scored the ninth with 16.5 minutes or so left, we figured we'd score the
tenth eventually, but no- Union actually held us off. I am dismissing the
possibility of Buddy holding offense back, as it is point shaving and illegal.
(That theory was suggested to me).

All-in-all, not the best of play, but good margin of victory and entertaining
to watch, for RPI fans at least. Bad refereeing can't even stop us!!!!
Sorry, harry!

-Rich Vehlow