Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1992 13:08:08 EDT
After reading Arthur's post of the incoming Cornellians, a couple things come
to mind.  I was glad to see that there are a lot of new bodies.  Given the
numerous hole that the Red have to fill, the large class will help.  It seems
to me as though it is likely that all twelve could make the varsity, just in
order to fill the gaps.  One concern to me is the lack of a goaltender among
the frosh.  Given the youth of the defense, it would have been nice to have
another goalie to give Andy Bandurski a rest, since his only backup would
appear to be a walk-on who has not played at all.  Of course, this lack of a
recruit is probably due to the fact that last winter it looked like Cornell was
 set in goal for a couple of years.  All we can hope in Ithaca is that this
group of freshman mature quickly and can get the hang of playing as a team,
otherwise it could be a long winter at Lynah.

                        William Sangrey
                        Cornell '87 &'9?
                        Let's Go RED!!!