Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1992 17:30:54 EDT
David Parter writes -

>Apparently the penalties are a lot more than anyone here expected...

Whoa!  What were they expecting, a stern talking to?  Granted, I WAS NOT
there -- therefore all I have to go on is hearsay as to what transpired,
but...

I remember the NHL's Tom Lysiak roughing up an official and receiving a
40 game suspension.  From what's been reported, it appears that Wisconsin's
actions were worse.  I saw the game on ESPN and that was bad enough.  If
they really did follow the referee down the hallway and attempt to get to
him (injuring two other officials in the process?), then I fully support
the dealth penalty.  Let's strip Wisconsin of hockey for two years and let
them think twice about assaulting an official again.  Come on, even Ohio
State doesn't go after the ref.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan
NO BADGERS IN 1992-93!