From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:01:55 -0400
The band, not the ice resurfacing machine:

http://thezambonis.com/

(And yes, they have a licensing agreement with
Zamboni: "1998 - The Zamboni® Company and The
Zambonis leave the lawyers in the office and meet
in person. What was initially a cease and desist
/ year long off ice battle, was simply resolved
with a hand written letter asking The Company to
please not make us change our names to “The
Motorized Ice Resurfacing Machines”. The two workout a licensing agreement.")

My local public radio station (WAMC) just had a
feature on them; they have a new album out (5
Minute Major in d Minor).  I hadn't heard of them
before (even though they've been around since
1991), but they play some fun stuff.  A lot of it
can be listened to on their website.  Try 'Captain' from 5 Minute Major.

Really Marginal College Hockey Content: The
Zambonis have a concert coming up at Herb Brooks
Arena in Lake Placid on March 16 in conjunction with the D-III semis.

Standard disclaimers: no connection with the
band, Herb Brooks Arena, Olympic Regional
Development Authority, NCAA, Zamboni®, ...

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe