From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:13:15 -0400
Here's what the kid who was hit had to say. Then make up your mind.

“It was a straight hit to the head. It may have gotten some of my
body, but it was a hit to the head,” said Hendrickson. “I was in a
situation where I was vulnerable, and he took advantage of that and
hit me up high, head on.

“My head was hurting and I was going to stay on the ice until I
talked with the trainer and got my bearings.”

The mid-ice hit, near the UMD bench, followed a faceoff; O’Neill
curved back toward Hendrickson to make the hit. He had put an elbow
into UMD defenseman Justin Faulk eight minutes earlier that some
observers thought could have been a major penalty.