From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:08:16 -0500
I just read Adam and Mike's bracket guess on collegehockeynews.com, and
I don't see how it gets so complicated. Maybe it is, but maybe it
isn't. They came very close to what I came up with, but I didn't have to
twist and contort as much:

First, I just setup the "natural" brackets, without assigning sites:

(same as Charlie had, of course):
> mich, st cloud, msu, AF
> mia, denv, clarkson, niagara
> und, bc, minnesota, princeton
> unh, cc *, wisc*, notre dame

Then, I looked at two factors: where the #1 seeds go and where the host
schools have to go. I did these at the same time...

the "michigan" bracket goes to Madison
the bracket with "cc" in it goes to Colorado Springs

swap msu (9) with wisconsin (12) -- same band, but makes changes the
"natural" order of the first-round matchups.

swap unh(4) and und(3) since und "should" to to Colorado Springs:

madison   - mich st cloud, wisc, af     (1, 8, 12, 16)
albany    - mia, denver, clark, niagara (2, 7, 19, 15)
cc        - und, cc, msu, nd            (3, 5, 9, 13)
worcester - nh, bc, minn, prin		(4, 6, 11, 14)

first round league matchups? st cloud/wisc is the only one, and the
WCHA, as everyone has noted, has to have at least one.

potential second round matchups? und/cc and nh/bc. if you want to avoid
them, then you have to ship nh to Colorado, which doesn't seem like a
good idea.

we'll know in less than 24 hours...

      --david