From:
"Dr. Bob Hamilton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:11:53 -0500
Come a long way.  It was 1981 when I went with my first grade son to the
Mpls airport to greet the Glen Sonmor led NorthStars as they returned from
their loss to the Islanders late on a night prior to a school holiday the
next day - we waited until way after midnight because we were fans.   So it
is a big change to see the Minnesota Gophers as a farm club for the
Islanders, especially with Glen's history as a Gopher coach, as well.   On
the other hand, maybe it is just that the coaching is so good that they
wanted him now since they got more than they expected yet needed a good
cover story. :>)  Bob Hamilton