Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1992 16:42:20 EST
Response to Steve Christopher:

>On Michigan vs Minnesota play:
>> Michigan swept Minnesota fairly easily in head-to-head play.
>I'm curious as to the scores of these games.

    Friday  Michigan 7-3
  Saturday  Michigan 7-6 (after coasting to a 7-3 lead then relaxing and
                          almost blowing it).

>I thought this was illegal--"hitting with a high stick"

Hitting a puck "baseball style" does not imply that it was a high stick.
The two are related but necessarily the same (as in this case).

>> and the Gophers won the regular season title by a huge number of points..
>Whoa there!!  NMU won the season series, counting the playoff champion-

Yes, NMU won the season series vs. Minnesota, but the comment you where
refuting was that Minnesota won the WCHA regular season title fairly
handily.  I don't think that you have a case here.

Finally, will you be at JLA on Sunday (assuming NMU beats Clarkson)?  If
so, e-mail me your seat number (I don't have mine yet) and I'll stop by and
say hello.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan