From:
"J. Michael Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:12:22 -0600
NE Hampton wrote:
> This is disgusting. People at Amherst ought to be embarrassed and ashamed.
> Is the theory to be a flagship by sinking all the other boats in your
> armada? Good luck. Because you are the strongest of the weak, does not make
> you strong.
> "The idea, according to some officials, is Tocco's vision of solidifying the
> Amherst campus as the state's flagship. Apparently, this includes preventing
> Mass.-Lowell from competing directly against Massachusetts."
>
> Nathan Hampton

Hey, now.  I think that this is a fine idea.  Everyone complains that
WCHA teams don't play enough non-conference games.  Think of how much
schedule we'd free up if the University of Minnesota (suffix not
required) decided to force Duluth, Mankato, and St. Cloud out of the
conference.  It'd also save us from those embarrassing sweeps like
happened last weekend.