From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:13:04 -0500
At 11-5-2006 02:54 PM, Rick McAdoo wrote:
>We recently attended a minor league game (CHL) in Austin, Texas
>while on vacation, and they had 2 machines to clean the ice between
>periods.  One of them was a traditional machine with an engine
>(diesel?) and one was an electric resurfacer, an Olympic brand
>model.  Now, I've seen electric Zamboni's before, and they are
>battery powered and very quiet and unobtrusive.  The Olympic machine
>was the only time I have ever seen an electric machine that was
>powered by a very bright yellow power cord (the world's longest
>extension cord?)

I can't help with the cord, but most resurfacers use propane (LPG)
for fuel.  While the Zamboni website doesn't list fuel, it shows
machines with Ford and Nissan 4-cylinder engines.

Model 440, 520: Ford 2.5 Litre. Four cylinder overhead valve, liquid
cooled, hydraulic lifters. 63 HP @ 2800 RPM NET. Powerful and
efficient. Load sensing governor enables true "hands-free" operation
by driver.

Model 540: Nissan 2.5 Litre, four cylinder overhead valve, liquid
cooled, 63 HP.  Powerful and efficient.  Load sensing fuel governor
enables true "hands-free" operation by driver.

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe